Saturday, December 5, 2009

Grandmother Queen

It's no secret that my grandmother is a hoarder. Seriously, you go into her St.Kilda flat and there's no space to move or sit because it's packed with junk that probably dates back to the 60's. Her and my grandfather collect so much junk and my grandfather in particular hates throwing anything away. Their place is actually quite cute, its green and the shelves are filled with all sorts of goodies I feel like im in an opshop that I've lived in my whole life. Anywho she comes by every fortnight and she always has something to bring. My parents get annoyed cause she always brings me 50 of the same thing and half the time it sort of is junk but I like it anyway. She brought 30 or so rings over today because dad wanted to melt some of her jewellry into gold so he could make a chain, I'm pretty sure she freaked and returned her rings back to her jewellry collection in her flat because she lives for a breathes for jewellry. But she brought them all on a chain and when I saw it I thought 'wow that looks like a pretty damn cool necklace." I couldn't keep her rings because if i take something once she comes back the next week with even more and I'm already quite the hoarder myself so I thought I could use all the rings she's given me in the past and make my own necklace. Unfortunately all the chunky ones I used looked really good did my neck in so I had to stick to the skinny ones but oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment