Thursday, July 22, 2010

SHE WANTED EVERYTHING

melinda's studio by fieldguided
thrifted by fieldguided

just an idea by fieldguided.
making christmas by fieldguided.
Doily by fieldguided.

I've been thinking of how I'm going to decorate my new room. To be honest, I'm just glad to be finally getting my own room because its about fucking time. Anywho, whilst looking for inspiration I found this lovely flickr account with some of the most beautiful photography and thrift buys of cats that I have ever seen. I'm so jealous, she has an impressive collection of ceramic cat figurines and oh my I'm just really in love with her whole photostream. I found her blog too, http://fieldguided.blogspot.com. I'm thinking perhaps very soft, light colours with a little tea set in one corner and maybe a cat shaped ashtray. I'm really not sure how I want my room to, there are so many things I want to try. I have this problem where I can't decide on what I want and I hate having things one way or style.

There was the eggshell blue wall with the white bedposts and a lot of really Provincial -living-kinda vases for when I decided I wanted to seem kinda grown up, then theres the option where I'm just going to line my whole room with my shoe collection and chuck a floor-matress-style futon on the floor in the hopes that I'll have such a busy amazing life that all I'll need is wardrobe space and somewhere to sleep for the early hours of the morning and now I'm going through a very soft, pretty, fairy lights kinda theme. Knowing me and the indecisive loser that I am, I 'll probably mix everything into one big ball of rubbish and my room will probably end up looking like it does in this house. Cluttered, messy, colourful and all over the place. Who knows what kind of girl I'll be by the time we move into the new house. I kind of wanted it to reflect me outta school and kinda becoming more of a lady rather than an teenage girl with posters of Seth Cohen and the Julian Casablancas on her wall, but change is really hard for me and I hate making decisions so who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment