Saturday, December 10, 2011

YOUR FIRST YSL

Screen shot 2011-12-10 at 11.13.46 PM
DSC_0385

DSC_0389

Well, my first YSL: Rouge Volupte No. 12 Forbidden Burgundy
(all the Rouge Volupte names I have noticed are very sensual as well as their description on their website, "
SILKY SENSUAL RADIANT LIPSTICK SPF 15?" this made me laugh)


I was extremely excited to purchase my first shade of YSL lipstick. I have been searching for the longest time, surely as long as I have failed to blog on here, for a nice fuschia/magenta coloured lipstick that would really suit me. I would say I have fairly tanner skin than most asians and my mouth is actually quite small, so lipstick can either make me look really nice or as it often does look really horrible on me. Maybe i am just paranoid but I've found, that despite how much I lust after all of these beautiful shades of lipstick, that many don't suit me. That is, until I reached the Dior counter at Myer and asked the lady to help me find the shade I wanted and after trying and testing a lot of bright and rich pinky purples, we landed on the first shade pictured, which looks like a dark purple, but with one application was the kind of pinky purple colour that I was looking for. Or at the very least, it suited my complexion. What was even more exciting was that my shade came in the signature YSL lipstick tube with the YSL engraving, so this just added more to my excitement. I know I am writing an entirely dull paragraph on finding lipstick, but you don't understand how lovely this lipstick is, or how long I have waited for this shade.

To make it more of a fuschia shade, I apply one coat of my YSL and then a blend it a bit with a 'Shocking Pink' Rimmel lipstick, which is a lovely matte shade that helps blend the two colours perfectly. I am very proud of this, I don't know why. I don't have a photo yet because i have been sick and miserable for the past week and a half, but when I do I will post one. See, I am doing this thing where I am going to start of blogspot again, I promise I will. I have just, as always when I fail to post, been in a very strange slump/lull/hole and I am just glad that it is over. Don't worry, I will try and post interesting things and not essays on my day at the shopping centre. I am finally on holidays, so I should be able to get back into this.

I also bought a Matte Top coat from Inglot recently, and it has to be one of my favourite things. It's a clear matte coat which is amazing because you can apply it over any nail polish that you already own, and it will instantly turn matte. It also dries quicker which is just even better. I tried Chanel's matte top coat apart of their 'velvet' range, but seeing as I did not have 39 dollars to spend, I was glad to find the Inglot equivalent, which only cost me 16. I don't know if you can tell much of a difference here since I was already wearing blue nail polish and just did a quick top coat, but have a look:

DSC_0377

to

DSC_0378

I don't know, I am really in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment