Tuesday, December 14, 2010

SO CALLED LYFE


Tumblr_las3npdh3k1qz9qooo1_r1_500_large

Straight after exams and graduation we started moving into this new house so I was pretty busy for those first two-three weeks of freedom, whilst my friends were enjoying their youth either at schoolies or at the cinemas watching Harry Potter and Ron get all angry jealous over naked Hermione and Harry. And now that we're settled in and the parents are back to work I don't have as much moving-house-chores to do and I thought I would love the relaxation and everything from the move but I don't.

I feel a little similar to how I did after I handed in my excruciatingly painful art folio in for the last ever assessment. I remember feeling so empty and bored after. Especially at the time when so much drama was going on in the big bad world of high school adolescents, it was so nice to just zone out and focus on one thing and one thing only. Being stuck at my desk and in the art room slaving over that folio and my art pieces gave me hardly any time to think or worry about anythign, it was nice. And for this move, it made leaving highschool a little less emotional. The move was pretty big. It seems like my whole life has changed all at once. New house, new area, new school (uni/tafe depending on where i go), new people to meet, I need to learn how to drive if I want to have a life, I need to get a job if I want to have nice things, ach! For two weeks straight all I had was uni and tafe interviews.

You anticipate this independence for six years of being cooped up in high school and as soon as you get it you realize that you're not independent at all. There is so much dependence still and until you move out of home, or perhaps even move to another country, you will still be at home, no car, no new job, no future because you are so lost. I don't drive, the busses in this area end at seven, the V-line goes to God knows where. Sigh. I don't belong to anything and university offers are a month away and friends are no longer seen on a daily basis. Life is so so very much boring right now.

As Kelly said, they really should offer us therapy after exams and receiving our ATARs. I'm surprised people don't admit themselves into rehab after high school, throwing us into this world just seems crazy. I find myself staring at nothing thinking of all the things I could do with my day. The potential is amazing, but the enormity is overwhelming.

I need a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment