Tuesday, December 28, 2010

SUMMER TWO


Year 12 put a big stop to most of my reading and most of my time had to be shifted to essays and study guides (HA, i wrote minimal essays and never purchases a study guide, but you know what I mean), so now that year 12 is oh-oh-oh-over I can begin reading all the books that I have saved. Currently, I'm re-reading Pride and Prejudice, just because it is an amazing story/book/movie/bbc-series and because the first time I read Austen's novel I didn't quite get into her lingo. I found it very heavy and convoluted, as most classic english literature can be, but now it is as if I have awoken from this boring haze that I was in and I can read her novels as easily as reading something in an email. I love the thought and the richness in Austen's words and in the ways she describes things. Perhaps it was my young, silly mind too lazy to divulge what Austen was trying to say, but now her never ending sentences just enthrall me even more.

My summer reading list:

Tumblr_l5mbqngncy1qcty2co1_400_large
I also hope to watch the movie. Mmm James Franco.


trainspotting

Which I actually stole from Nam so I should really read it asap and give it back to him, he probably misses it alot since it's only like his most favourite book of a all time.

Emma
I ended up studying this in year 11 so that really put me off reading the book which I already owned, but it's been over a year so I think I'll be able to finish reading it by now.

Which I actually bought as apart of a boxset from Borders (the boxset includes other travel novels from countries like India and Italy) so perhaps I should read all of those too.

type=text
I should finish reading this too as I borrowed it off Claudia aaaaaaaages ago and should really really give it back. I read half of it and then watched the movie, but I still liked it.

Okay, so going through these I have come to realize that for this summer reading list I am not going to read, I am going to finish. Because I do this thing where I only start books and hardly ever finish them. I don't know why, it's just what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment