Monday, December 13, 2010

WE ARE OUT OF BORT LICENSED PLATES, I REPEAT, BORT LICENSED PLATES


"ZABRINA, WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE THAT"
-Bridgette Thao Le

Three of my Russh issues got lost in the mail and so you can imagine how happy I was to receive this package this morning. Yes, it really did cheer me up after waking up to my dreadful ATAR. It wasn't until now that I looked atht he postage box and realized that they spelt my name wrong. Which is hillarious since after breakfast on friday morning, where Starbucks spelt my name exactly the same way on my chai latte, Thao has been calling me Zabrina. Emphasis on the 'i'. Za-briiiiiiiiiii-nah. It sounds like the name of an exotic dancer or of a sexually transmitted disease. I actually used to wish that my name was spelt this way because it just looked more prettier, but when people try and sound it out, it does sound really horrible. Mistaking the Z for an S i understand, but the E for an I? That's just cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment