Monday, June 7, 2010


A well deserved break,
after spending the entire day freaking out about why my artwork was pink when it was never meant to be pink to begin with. A lot of things went right today only after having them go horribly wrong. Firstly I could find the glue refills for my hot glue gun. Whilst applying only ten cm's worth of glue to my mask I thought it would be cool to leave a message inside the mask like those hearts that get put into those bears at Build-A-Bear. But whilst juggling a hot glue gun and trying to remember where I placed the refills all I had to time to scrawl on the yellow piece of paper was 'the wallflower'. Yeah no shit. But its already hidden away and sealed shut, i just wish I had written something more meaningful or poetic. No shit its a wallflower, that's what I intend on naming the piece anyway. But what pissed me off the most was not heaving ten plates from the cupboard to place onto the mask so that it would actually stick to the board (because stupid me, me the way the paper mache dried made it hard to just let the mask stick to the board easily) was painting the goddamn thing. Because it was so big, it was really hard to keep the colour consistent. Looking back, i should have a made a bucketful of the mixture I made up but I didn't have a bucket, i had a tupperware cover as my paint pallette and i could only mix a limited amount of paint at a time. So pretty much everytime I needed more paint, the colour changed which is how i got that five-toned pink piece of shit. I don't even know how it turned pink, it was more of a creamy pink to begin with and as I kept making more paint it just got darker and darker. When I took a photo of it I realized what i had done and by the time i realized that it a.) should not be so pink and b.) should not be splotchy and all around shit I ran out of white paint. Like actually used that whole tube on that pink catastrophe. At this point I really wanted to just burn the whole thing and somehow smoke the ashes so i ran to the computer to tell Isabel about my new plan when as I sat down at my desk i found this white tube of paint from years ago in my Pencil jar. And whatever, it was really runny and shit but I needed it and so that's how i finally got my artwork to look more how it was supposed to and less pink. Anyway, as you can see from the second last photo I still couldn't get that last right corner right but in the end i did (well not really its still a different shade but i really don't give a shit anymore)

Anyway that was all pretty pointless and irrelevant but I just thought this whole day was a joke and I can most likely use some of this in an annotation about how much I fucking hate art for my folio. (just kidding I like art i just hate actually doing things)

But yeah future reference for that colour that basically took up my whole monday, start off with a shitload of white paint, then litterally one centimetre of yellow and then gradually mix the magenta in. And everytime I got frustrated and squirted more magenta in, the whole mixture just got fucked over which is probably why it got so pink to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment