Tuesday, October 26, 2010

CONTEXT CRUCIBLE ENGLISH EXAM IN TWO DAYS OMAAAAAAAAAGH-GOSH



Having neglected The Crucible from the second that we parted with it and until this afternoon intending to never read or write about it ever again a lot of Witch related things have come up in the past few days.

What only ocurred to me now is the article of Witches in Northern Ghana in frankie which is odd because it is so similar to The Crucible in the way that the accusations of the witch craft all occurred from children's dreams. I hardly ever buy my own issue of frankie and the one time that I do, it has this in it!

The Bill Viola exhibition that my friends and I visited on the weekend. It was in a creepy little church in Parkville and The Fire Woman, apart from its obvious links to a woman calling you to death, half reminded me of a witch from the 1600's being burnt at the stake. Not to mention that before the exhibit and well even the entire week beforehand my friends and I had been talking about strange cults and societies.

And now this recent blog post by Tavi (as pictured above.) We all know her to be fairly eccentric and individualistic in her fashion choices, but the odds of a witch inspired post?

If this isn't a Crucible-calling then I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment