Friday, May 14, 2010

BLONDIE


"I like going to see fun silly concerts like Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. There's sets and fire and things exploding"

I love the hair, love the shoes, love everything. Compared to the sixteen year old Taylor Momsen in her Nylon Tv clip, it sounds like Blake Lively can actually remember being sixteen. She atleast seemed more real and honest.
(I dont' want to sound like a retard since I probably wear things that aren't in my age bracket but Taylor really needs to lighten up on the eyeliner and maybe not try so hard with the ripped clothing and such, maybe?.) What I loved most throughout the interview is that she sounded alot like she does on Gossip Girl. It really throws me off when actors/actresses sounds completely different in interviews. I remember when I first heard Mischa Barton out of the O.C set and it was like she had never played Marisa Cooper, her voice was different. But maybe that difference in they're real life and their tv characters is what makes a good actor, what would I know.
I hate to sound pretentious but Taylor Momsen seemed like the biggest pretender in her clip. All the talk about the Clash and flanellettes and mixing vintage pieces with designer pieces, didn't really sound like anything you hadn't heard before. It would have been nice to hear her say something that a seventeen year old would just naturally say, especially when she tries to give off this badass-i'm-so-different-i-don't-give-a-fucknut vibe about there. But ohwell, she seems kinda nice I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment