Tuesday, May 25, 2010

LEMONETTA

Yes, I was desperate enough to search 'happy music' on tumblr. Help me before I turn to the pursuit of happiness self help books.

I can't believe I never realized how happy Phoenix's
It's Never Been Like That album was, and I've had it for a while. I even borrowed my friend's vinyl of it last year and I don't remember half of the happy songs. I must have just put the needle straight to the only emo song on that album. I guess, i just never gave any of the other songs much of a listen because I just had One Time Too Many on repeat for most of my days. And that's sad because I think I've fallen into that approach with a lot of things in my life. So, I've decided to make a happy playlist. I think the last time that I made one was in year nine and it wasn't really happy anyway. I'm always up late on my ipod making playlists to fall asleep to, but I've never made a happy one. Apart from the 12 On-the-go's I have, my only other playlists are (N), Closer, Lestrange, Skanknhoe, You Talk Way Too Much, Numero Dos and the Bodyguard. Almost all of those playlists house No One's Gonna Love You and What You Wanted. Apart from Skanknhoe and the Bodyguard (which yes is full of Whitney Houston classics) those other playlists are all pretty angsty and depressing. But after a day at Fraus and Orlando's with my two girlies that I seem to be having the most fun with lately, I think it's time I get back into a happy playlist mood. So far I only have six songs on this playlist, this is all very new to me. I'll need some help. Any suggestions?

(And while looking for happy photos on my computer for this post, it was sweet to find that most of my happiest photos were of Bfg, naw)

No comments:

Post a Comment