Saturday, May 15, 2010

HEY HEY, HO HO


I can't remember the rest of the chant, but the other chant was "Gay, straight, black white, marriage is a civil right!" They were so damn catchy.

Today Khoa, Rachel, Ben, Emily, Mat and I went to the Equal Rights rally infront of State Library. There was actually so many people by the time we got there and when the crowd started their march to Parliament and back I was really excited to walk with them. Even though the main chant was about same sex marriages and I've obviously not a lesbian so that doesn't really apply to me, it was a really good thing to be apart of. Who wouldn't want to march for Equal rights? I did a whole speech on the rights to same sex marriages for english this year, so I guess that made me even more appreciative of the whole thing. Besides, the thought of my friends who are gay having to go through all this horrible homophobia really pisses me off and whatever, same sex marriage should not be issue! Especially politically. They have no right.
The rally was really peacefull aswell. There was chanting and all, but i was really dissappointed that there wasnt any music playing to march to (more like Lady Gaga to dance to) but then again that probably would have deterred from the whole point of the march. What was even better was that while we marched down the streets of the city alot of people on the sidewalks were cheering with us and some Cafe owners help up rainbow flags in support. It really restored my faith in humanity, truly.




I'm not sure if this lady was just casually passing through the city or if she was apart of the rally but she had coke cans in her hair a la Lady Gaga. I loved her stockings too, impressed indeedy.

Their sign said something about how they hated Tom Cruise

These boys walked along side us during the march. I was really hoping they weren't gay or were atleast bi. Oh the green anorak, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment